Sunday, February 06, 2005

Someone's in the kitchen with Donna....

I have been booted out of my kitchen. It has been brought to my attention that I do not cook healthy enough for Ms Chemystery. WELL!!! It was good enough for her when she was growing up!!!

She's right though, I do not like to eat a lot of veggies, even though I do like them. I don't like to cook them. If it isn't quick or frozen I don't cook it. Donna has all of the Moosewood cookbooks, and has decided this week she is going to be vegetarian. She is cooking Spanish soup. It has ten pounds of eye burning onions sliced and reduced in it. (not really, but I am three rooms away and my eyes are watering.) Last week she made sweet pepper soup, and Santa Fe stew, and something with tomatoes and eggs, I let her do her thing. Some of it I like, some of it I do not.

I have talked about Donna and her very Eclectic taste, and evidentially it has spilled over into her cooking too. A few months ago she made us Lentils with dates, and raisins and curry powder and something else. (GAG) I could not eat it. She laughed and said it was good for me. Well Let me die happy, give me MEAT!!!

Actually she likes meat too, and this phase will last about three weeks and then she will devour anything that has blood flowing in its veins. RAW if she must. She gets so hormonal, and then she craves iron laden products. It is really scary, Do not hand her anything with out an iron glove on your hand, she will take your arm off too.

But I will let her do her thing and do her healthy cooking, and when she goes to bed, I will fix my Bologna Sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise and dill pickles. Just don't tell her... ;)

No comments: