Sunday, December 19, 2004

THINK SNOW!!!

Yesterday it was the darkest dreariest day. The fog started rolling in under the thick clouds making it seem even darker. I woke up with a horrendous backache, couldn’t sleep kept waking up every hour. I finally got out of bed and came in to blogwalk, and was hurting so much I could hardly sit still. I got up went in and took a long hot shower and let it pelt on my lower back. It felt really good, and then I slathered on some Icy Hot and got dressed. I was able to function the rest of the day.

I looked out the window about 500 and could barely see across the road. The fog was coming right up the Strait and smacking right into me. Shortly thereafter Phyllis called and wanted to meet me in Oak Harbor for dinner, so I told her to take care in the fog, and I left. It was so bad that I had problems seeing the road, and getting out of the Cove, and up onto the highway was difficult. No fog lines or white lines on the developments roads. Once on the highway, I could at least see the middle line, and the fog lines, but could not see far ahead in the pea soup. So being the cautious driver that I am I slowed way down in case there were deer out. They don’t have taillights ya know, and other than Rudolph who is resting right now, they don’t have headlights either.

Soon right on my butt was a truck. I am doing 40 in a 55 zone and can’t see 50 feet ahead of me and he wants to pass me. I pulled over for him to do so, and he started to go around me and right in front of him coming out of the fog was a set of headlights. He pulled back in right away and backed off from my butt. And followed me the rest of the way into town. Hope it taught him a lesson. You may know the roads, and where they turn, but you don’t always know what is on them.


think snow

I came home, took a hot bath with Epsom salts and smelly stuff, and then some icy hot and flannel PJS and went to bed. I slept like a baby until 1030 this morning. Feel pretty good today.

Phyllis mentioned going to see the lights up Engle road. Well I did on the way home last night, and she was right they were spectacular even through the thick fog! There is something so ephemeral about Christmas lights through the fog. So NOT there while being there. If you get my drift. You can see the essence of them but can not see the actual things that they are on.

Today the morning broke with the sun blaring right in my face. And the wind whipping about 30MPH. And WARM It is about 55 out there. A front is moving through and cleared out all of the yuck in the air. Now it will start to get colder. It is going to rain, and then clear up again, so no snow for Christmas! BOO!! But that is fine, as long as It goes to Dixon, Mo. I talked to CJ today and she is really hoping for a White Christmas. Let’s all put our positive thing caps on and wish her lots and lots of SNOW!! She goes in Tomorrow and Tues for Chemo and then no more until after the New Year. SO COME ON WEATHER GODS, SNOW FOR CJ!

No comments: